Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I think I broke my 8 GB flashdrive [Closed]

• Please log in to reply

PC-Tech

PC-Tech

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Hey Geeks,
I have an 8GB flashdrive, I got it for christmas, it cost bout 60$, and i really hope i didnt screw it up too badly
heres the issue:
I was playing around, and was trying to make my PC boot an iso off of a flashdrive, and i gave up yesterday, and I went to reformat, and put my stuff back onto it, but it only formats to 3.56 GB
any ideas on how i an get my 8GB back, or did I really break my flashdrive this time? :)

thanks
Joe
PC-Tech

Edited by PC-Tech, 03 February 2009 - 09:10 AM.

Advertisements

PC-Tech

PC-Tech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
All fixed thanks to Mouse :)

**Closed**

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
For those who may have been having a similar problem and following this topic, would you post your solution here? Thank you.

PC-Tech

PC-Tech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
gladly, i used the HP format Utility (download here: http://files.extreme.../file.php?f=197 ) then formatted it using that, and it brought back my 8Gigs, and it worked great.
NOTE: BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP before you try to format, i wont be responsible for YOUR lost data

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Thank you for taking the time to post back with solution. Looks like a great utility. Too bad it's not for Vista or probably a 64-bit machine.

Edited by Major Payne, 03 February 2009 - 03:18 PM.

PC-Tech

PC-Tech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
if you Google it a little, you might be able to find one, i just used the link that i first found on Google (also the one i used, so its safe)