Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer hang

• Please log in to reply

shishiwakamaru

shishiwakamaru

• Pip
  • 6 posts
What are the possible causes to make a computer hang? It is just this day that my laptop hanged(hung?) for more than 7x (may be more later). There are no specific time it would hang. It could be as early as just after I log in, or later in the middle of something, or when I open a program. Could trojans induce it? I had Vundo and something else but the former was removed thanks to your 'How to remove malware' guide. :) Very direct instructions and easy to follow. :)

Advertisements

karbo

karbo

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Well sometimes the guide is not enough. You must then post back in the Malware removal section for a thorough cleanup.

shishiwakamaru

shishiwakamaru

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Yes I really want to but I do not know what program to use or is it the HijackThis? And I am waiting for a staff member to request it so that I would stick to their rules.. But could trojans really make a computer hang?

karbo

karbo

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

But could trojans really make a computer hang?

Yes they could.

And, be patient with the malware removal staff. They have plenty of issues to resolve.

Edited by karbo, 02 February 2009 - 10:56 AM.