Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

autochk program not found skipping autocheck

• Please log in to reply

jyfe

jyfe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok so a few months ago (Nov. I think) I was running Windows update and it was at the screen that has the little button that says "Finish", then my computer froze, locked-up, hung, whatever you want to call it, oh and I should mention that it isn't uncommon for my computer to lock-up, as it does 10 times a day, but anyway it locked-up and then I restarted it as always and then after the black loading screen with the XP logo and the loading bar a blue screen saying this appeared "autochk program not found skipping autocheck". And I've tried everything that I can Safe-Mode, Last Known Configuration, PTEdit, and XP Recovery Console(http://www.geekstogo...tml&pid=1364446). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jyfe

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try this...
check the boot paths...
click Start ... Run ... Type in msconfig ... OK ...
Boot.ini tab ... Check All Boot Paths button ...
A dialog box will open detailing the location of any invalid operating
system locations ... Confirm you want to remove the entry and reboot