Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help connecting my laptop to my tv with a vga cable

• Please log in to reply

juicy0915

juicy0915

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently bought a vga cable in order use my tv as my monitor. I have connected the vga cable to both my computer and my tv but when I turn my tv to the appropriate input signal it tells me that there is no signal available. The cable works fine with my friends computer but I could not find any of the same options in my display options that i used with his computer in order to use the tv as my monitor. If anyone has any ideas or help it would be greatly appreciated, but i should tell you know that I have a very limited knowledge of cumputers.

Advertisements

Mytheroo

Mytheroo

• Pip
  • 5 posts
turn the tv to the correct input, then reboot the pc. A vga cable uses a D-type connecter with 3 rows of pins in it. Just checking you mean vga cable and not hdmi