Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cd rom drive disappeared

• Please log in to reply

kassietee

kassietee

• Pip
  • 2 posts
After installing windows xp sp3 and getting it all installed, my cdrom has disappeared. It is not in device manager, not even in my cmos. How can I get it back in my cmos, or installed. I have restarted my computer and it doesn't detect new hardware. I have gone into control panel, add new hardware, and it doesn't detect it there either. It does detect it upon boot up, on the boot menu. Any help you can give would be appreciated. I have also checked all cables to make sure they are tight and they are. It also lights up, opens, and closes but it is not detected and will not boot from bootable disk. Thanks again.

Advertisements