Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is my video/graphics card broken?

• Please log in to reply

Fading

Fading

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Sorry but I honestly know VERY little about this kind of stuff so please bare with me.

I posted this topic a couple days ago;
http://computerhelpf...ode/t22131.html

Basically my monitor wouldn't connect with my computer and stayed in "power saving mode".
I tried pretty much everything until I realized that the cord that was playing up (the one linking the monitor to the video card) could hook straight up to the motherboard. I did that and it starts up!

Everything is fine but a considerable amount slower than before and when I get to the desktop the resolution and colour depth is terrible. I changed it but it still appears a little off.

Do I need to buy a new video card? Is there a way to check if it is working or not?

Sorry once again, it must be quite obvious I don't know much about what I'm talking about, if you have trouble understanding a part tell me and I'll get straight back to you.

Advertisements