Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Constant Firefox Crashes

• Please log in to reply

dolface755

dolface755

• PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Ok I'm some serious and very annoying problems with firefox lately. Go into certain websites and get "error firefox has found a critical error and needs to shut down" its not always the same website BUT it is always the same tech info when the error comes up. I've tried deleting my profile (which btw has a very strange file name) and starting with a new one, I've also tried uninstalling firefox and reloading a fresh copy, all to no avail. I'm including a screenshot of error and info if someone could help me plz. since I seem to be getting the same type of error in IE again on different websites and not all the time.

also including what i can from the firefox error console mozilla site is not very helpful with this

08:52:53:453
current 1.1.0
> JS frame :: chrome://dta/content/common/xpcom.jsm :: anonymous :: line 18
> JS frame :: chrome://dta/content/common/xpcom.jsm :: debug :: line 21
> JS frame :: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Donna/Application%20Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/p6nh53n7.default/extensions/%7BDDC359D1-844A-42a7-9AA1-88A850A938A8%7D/components/migrationService.js :: MM_migrate :: line 27
> JS frame :: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Donna/Application%20Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/p6nh53n7.default/extensions/%7BDDC359D1-844A-42a7-9AA1-88A850A938A8%7D/components/migrationService.js :: MM_observe :: line 198

08:52:53:589
notifying
> JS frame :: chrome://dta/content/common/xpcom.jsm :: anonymous :: line 18
> JS frame :: chrome://dta/content/common/xpcom.jsm :: debug :: line 21
> JS frame :: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Donna/Application%20Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/p6nh53n7.default/extensions/%7BDDC359D1-844A-42a7-9AA1-88A850A938A8%7D/components/filterManager.js :: FM_reload :: line 351
> JS frame :: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Donna/Application%20Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/p6nh53n7.default/extensions/%7BDDC359D1-844A-42a7-9AA1-88A850A938A8%7D/components/filterManager.js :: FM_observe :: line 441

Attached Thumbnails

• firefox_error.jpg

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Try Firefox clean reinstall: http://kb.mozillazin...talling_Firefox

dolface755

dolface755

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
Thank you very much for the information unfortunately however, I've already tried the clean reinstall from that site including installing it to a different folder and a different drive and putting a new profile into an entirely fresh folder nothing seems to be working i've tried looking up the errors on mozilla and the site for the link you have supplied and found nothing other then a clean reinstall not sure where to go from here but even accessing this reply from you i recieved the same error and had to use IE to open please if you have any other suggestions that would be wonderful

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

dolface755

dolface755

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
ok ty have done the check myself and computer is clean will send hijack log to forum to verify

casemonster

casemonster

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
looks like it's crashing when using java, i would try to install the latest framework from

http://java.com/en/d...ost=java.com:80

dolface755

dolface755

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
ty for the info tried downloading the newer version says I already have it stilll same problems whats annoying is its not crashing on the same sites all the time sometimes it will crash on game sites yesterday and today it only crashed whenever I tried logging into this site

I'm already sent message to Malware Forum 3 days ago but no one's replied i'm pretty sure computer is clean but just tryin to make sure :)

casemonster

casemonster

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I would try to completely uninstall java and firefox, restart, and then install again. Since it only happens on certain sites and game sites (some login processes use java).

dolface755

dolface755

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
ok uninstalled both java and firefox again and did a clean install of both still happening
I've still gotten no response from the Hijack This log i sent it but my anti malware and anti virus are still both coming up clean
this is the error message i get when firefox crashes

Attached Thumbnails

• firefox_n_ie_error.jpg

casemonster

casemonster

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Can't believe i didn't think of this earlier, disable all of your extensions and addons by, Tools -> Add-Ons
Try to enable them one by one to pick out the one that might be causing the crash.

Advertisements

dolface755

dolface755

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
thank you
did that and also tried starting firefox in safe mode with no add ons just to see this posting
as soon as geeks loaded fully i got the same error
but i can view geeks with EI

here's what i get when even tryin to view without logging into geekstogo with firefox

Attached Thumbnails

• firefox_in_geeks.jpg
  • firefox_ingeeks_2.jpg

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
It looks like msvcr80.dll file is giving you a problem.
Search the computer for the file. Post its location(s), and version number.

dolface755

dolface755

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
I've got 12 listed not sure which one you need so i'm adding screen shot of search results n i'm sorry but i'm not sure how to go about finding out which version it is

Attached Thumbnails

• msvcr.jpg

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
They're probably all the same, judging from the file size.
Right click on on located in C:\Windows\WinSxS\.........folder, click Properties, then Details tab to find the version.
It should read 8.0.050727.xxxx
If so, copy the file, and paste it in C:\Windows\system32 folder.
Restart computer.

Edited by Broni, 12 February 2009 - 04:17 PM.

dolface755

dolface755

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
ok copied file over and rebooted it was the version you stated
quickest way to find out if it did anything was trying to actually read your response the minute geeks starts firefox crashes with same error