Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Unable to logon onto windows 2000 workstation

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Microtech_John

Microtech_John

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm upgrading a customers workstations. He is currently running windows 2000 on the stations and windows 2000 server on the server. I'm putting in new stations running windows xp pro. The problem I'm having is I cannot log on to his current workstations that are running windows 2000. I can ping the those stations and I can see the names of all the stations over the network but I cannot log on to them. I can get access to the server and all of it's files and I can access the new workstations from the any of the windows 2000 stations. But not the other way around.

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
John Holland
Microtech Graphics

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

I'm upgrading a customers workstations

Hello,
I am sorry, but our terms of use do not allow us to help some one doing a "for profit" job.
We will be happy to help you with any personal not for pay issues that you have, but can not help you to do your paying jobs.

Gnomad1600

Gnomad1600

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
You will really need to explain your situation a little better. How are you trying to logon to these workstations? At the beginning of your post you say you can't but towards the end you imply that you can log on to them? What exactly are you trying to do.

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
I am sorry, but we realy can not help with a paid job.
I am closing this topic.