Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with auto load on "Vist" Program

• Please log in to reply

Jaba the Hut

Jaba the Hut

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Got a program from a co-worker of mine that's work-related. He says the version is compatible with Vista as i have and i've tried numerous times to load it but no such luck getting the program to run. Tried exploring and finding a setup with the vista symbol on it and still won't run...just says administration stopped working. Have tried an earlier version of the same program before and almost got it to start installing but then had a crash. Maybe i still have some of that first attempt on my computer? anyway i can ensure it's off? Anything i should look for when exploring the disc to try to install the software?

Thanks

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Try to install it in XP compatibility mode.

Jaba the Hut

Jaba the Hut

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
you can change the mode you're in?

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Right click on program's .exe file, click Properties, and put the checkmark....

Posted Image

Click OK.
Try to run the program again.