Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Image not filling screen

• Please log in to reply

Demoquin

Demoquin

• Pip
  • 4 posts
My dell latitude 110L does not have a laptop screen attached to it. (suffering the abuse of an ex girlfriend). SO i have been using a regular monitor (Compaq 7500) to see. After i formatted the hard drive, the image on screen does not fill in the entire 17" of my monitor. The image is centered with a 1.5" border of nothingness. I think it recognizes the monitor as the laptop screen and not an actual monitor?

Also when i first start the computer ... the boot screen and windows icon uses the whole screen until it gets to where i have to input my password for windows.

Any tips on how to fix?

Advertisements

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Look at your screen resolution by right clicking on the desktop, going to "Properties," and then the "Settings" tab. If it's something low (like 640x480 or 800x600) try making it a higher resoultion.

Edited by jt1990, 04 February 2009 - 02:32 PM.

Demoquin

Demoquin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Using resolution changes doesnt seem to do anything ... it will still have that border of nothingness.