Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ridonculous beep code issue

• Please log in to reply

pr0n

pr0n

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
I have an HP 6045nr with award bios. on boot up I get BEEEEEEEEEEEEP... BEEP BEEP. after contacting HP THREE TIMES they said "oh yeah that's a video problem", then referenced a link that that said 3 short beeps was a video issue, none of the techs could make anything of the long beep. after tons and tons of googling I didn't find anything that pertains to my problem

I have talked to pheonix award techs and they said "duhhhh, well I guess it could be (then named off everything I haven't replaced or tested)" one of them said it that beep code refers to memory issues but was only speculating.

things that have been replaced/tested in other machines
motherboard
memory
processor

I have taken the power adapter and used it in a different machine. it works fine. also tested it with a multi tester and it gives 19V just like it should be the one and only thing I could possibly even begin to fathom is the power board. but as far as I can tell all this board contains is a few resistors to help control the flow of electricity and avoid static discharge damage.

any ideas?

I've tested the board outside of the case (properly grounded) and connected to VGA to make sure it wasn't a grounding or short problem within the case or the screen. (also without peripheral cards plugged in)

I have also used a multi tester to test at the point where the power board plugs into the motherboard and I get 19V off 2 of the 4 lines (one of which is ground) and nothing out of the other.

so after all that I guess my question is.... What in the name of the almighty is wrong with this laptop?

Edited by pr0n, 04 February 2009 - 04:39 PM.

Advertisements