Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need help with a weird file type?

• Please log in to reply

bruceb3

bruceb3

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
Whenever I want to copy something and paste it somewhere else, I highlight it and hit "control-C", then highlight where I want it to go and hit "control-V". The last week or so, when I hit "control-V", I just get a little box with an arrow pointing up in the upper left corner of the e-mail Here's a jpeg of it. I thought it might have been a certain file type that was hijacked by some program I installed, but I can't find this icon in "filetypes". Anybody have any ideas? I miss my "control-V"...

P.S. Bummer! how can I insert a jpeg in my post? I thought the "Insert Special Item" box at the top would do it.
That's what I get for thinking. That makes too much sense. :-)

Advertisements

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
http://www.geekstogo...st-t185663.html

There are some instructions on how to include a picture in your post in the above link...

bruceb3

bruceb3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Here goes...This is the weird little box that shows up when I try to "paste" with "control-V". weird_file_type.jpg . (Don't know if this worked. If not, I'll try again tomorrow...