Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

System recover incomplete

• Please log in to reply

Blayz80

Blayz80

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, I was reading all the different ways to restore a system with f11, and BIOS...I am having a similar problem. A few weeks ago I was getting the "Blue Screen" and the pc would restart by itself. I heard there were some pretty nasty viruses out the that would cause the ghost like restarting of your pc....soooo, I opted to do a system recovery. I did the first one through the start menu and it blue screened in the middle of it...ok so I shut the system down and tried the f11 system recovery. It goes through the process but it reboots I get very few options, and not all the components are there, im missing accessories, graphic card, sound....basically the system recovery was incomplete. I can still get on the internet, check email ect ect...but Wondows xp is not all there. Any ideas? "Geek Squad" charged me $70 and made me wait 4 days to tell me I needed a new motherboard and possible hard drive, is this true? if so how am I able to still browse the internet with it?

~~Confused, Renee

Advertisements