Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Laptopo harddrive put into a desktop

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Good Morning: I have a laptop harddrive that I want to use as a seconardry drive in a desktop. I have the adaptor to go from a laptop to a desktop harddrive. When I put the adaptor on the laptop hd there are two rows of 2 prongs left. Are these the jumpers for the drive I see no explanation on the drive. I would like to hook them up to format them. Any suggestions?

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,301 posts
The extra 2 rows are most likely for M (master), S (slave), or CS (cable select).

If you go to the drive manufacturers web site and look up the model of the drive, you will get the info on how to configure the jumpers.
They may be ok the way they are.

If you give us the manufacturer and model, we can also look.