Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Computer freezes after ALL media players go full screen automatically

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
HI, Very new here and I'm frustrated with my laptop. I have a Toshiba L25-S1216. I'm running Windows XP. I'm NOT computer literate so I'm trying my best to figure out whats wrong. About a month ago ALL of my media players when trying to play ANY videos will instantly go full screen, play the clip and then freeze out my whole computer. I need to shut down the whole computer and restart to get it out of that mode. Esc and ctl+alt+del doesn't work. I've tried running malware stuff, I have AVG running, ad aware and did smitfraudfix, nothing has helped the media problem. I've blown out the vents, thinking of a possible overheating problem but that didn't help either. I've tried to update my drivers (??) but when I clicked on update it said there were no updates for them. Can anyone help? I've seen things for Hijack this...but I really don't know what that is or does.