Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

cannot upload images, error '800a0046'

• Please log in to reply

bream

bream

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Wow, I really hope some one can help me, not sure what going on! Its probably because I don’t know much on web errors…
Right:
I am trying to upload images onto a “pre-designed” website, the are my own, private images, and not a part of the set “image bank” of the site.
The site is supposed to be able to accept private images; the images are the correct size and format (less than 400K and jpeg)
When I try to upload a private image the internet/site gives me this error message:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046'
Permission denied
/articleimageuploadinc.asp, line 126

…how can this be fixed, what is the problem, need this site ready very soon!

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
See if you find the answer HERE. Might want to give more detail as to the steps/software you use to upload files.

bream

bream

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hey there...yeah ive already checked that microsoft search thingy...
its like there is nothng on the web on the above error!

Ok, its as simple as clicking on an edit button, then clicking add image, then in another window that pops up, click on browse, then upload image.
the image is supposed then appear in a 'private images' folder.

and as to the software, i really have no idea...java may have something to do with it??? have no idea though!

whats frustrating is that its suppose to be hassle free...no luck there!

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I am still not getting it clear in my head as to what you are using to upload images/files. Being private doesn't or shouldn't matter. What edit button, where is edit button, need details of steps/software you are using. I can only guess at problem without details. Using FTP? What? Web site link? Hosting service or your own server?