Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pandas Tru Prevent Program

• Please log in to reply

newbie geek

newbie geek

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
i used Pandas Tru Prevent program for the trial period and then decided to purchase the subscription which was mid April.

on april 28, i had a problem with my user id and i sent an email to panda as it is email tech supported. i got back a reply and i had to reinstall it which i did and it fixed that issue.

now as of May 4th the program will not auto update and so i try to manual update as i get a message that the program needs updating. when i try the manual update the message " could not replace the virus signature file" and then i try a reboot and try again several times and get the message "HTTP error 41". I have made no security setting changes since the trial period when the app worked well nor have i added a new security program.
the in house techie has checked the registry and scanned for malware and viruses and all is well. i should say that i check for updates regularly and as well do regular scans.

the activity report is of little use, it is scant and says after auto update "incorrect" and after manual update "incorrect'; i have sent this along with the error messages that i get to Panda, however it takes awhile for a reply and so i thought that i would post here.

anyone use this program? any experiences?

thankyou

Advertisements