Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Excel Function Help

• Please log in to reply

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
I am having a bit of trouble trying to find out what function i need to accomplish the following in excell. Any help would be appreciated?

Cell A1 can be answered as either "Yes" or "No" from a drop down menu
Cell A2 must be a numerical value ranging from 1 to 100
Cell A3 is a fixed cost of $150.00
Cell A4 must equal a multiplication of cells A2 and A3, but only if Cell A1 is answered as "Yes". If Cell A1 is answered as "NO" then Cell A4 must equal "0"

In theroy the scenario would go like this in the sheet: If I have to repair a car I would click "Yes" in cell "A1" and then in cell "A2" I would type in that I had to fix "2" cars and then Cell "A4" would automatically tell me the total price for repairing "2" cars is $300.00. If I clicked "No" in cell "A1" that I didn't have to repair any cars then cell A2 would not need to be filled in and Cell A4 would remain blank, or stay as "0". In both of these scnarios Cell A3 is hidden.

Advertisements

Vino Rosso

Vino Rosso

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 235 posts
So the formula in A4 would be =IF(A1="Yes",SUM(A2*A3),0)

Does that work?

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
Works like a champ ! Thanks for the help!

Vino Rosso

Vino Rosso

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 235 posts
You're welcome :)

Note with that formula you'll get 0 unless 'Yes' is in A1.