Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Reinstall Office 2007

• Please log in to reply

monkeycarol

monkeycarol

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am by no means good with computers so please excuse me if I sound like an idiot:

I installed a student trial version of Office 2007 onto my laptop and I thought that the student disks gave us two trials of it. That was incorrect, there were 2 parts and 2 discs.

I used the product key on the first one but then I realized that I needed it for my pc. I tried to uninstall the one but then when I installed it on my pc it said that the key was already used. I don't know what to do. I tried contacting office, but you have to pay $50 for support and I don't want to do that for software I am not keeping. I have 180 days that came with my book.

If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it. =)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Office 2007 trial is a free download from Microsoft's website. You get the product keys for the trials when you download the trials. Far as I'm aware you can use the trials on as many computers as you want, but they do stop working after 60 days and then you have to pay for a licence to continue using it.

monkeycarol

monkeycarol

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yeah I ended up just using the trial version from the website, but it really bothers me that I can't install it on my pc. The trial I have through school that came w/my book is a 180 day trial that will be enough for my semester. I suppose I should just purchase it after everything I have been through installing and uninstalling.

I had a product key that came with it. I just don't want to not have office for 1/2 the semester. I will try installing the trial software that came with the book again at later date.

Thanks for your help.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
I believe the trials keys are one use only, otherwise the situation could occur where all you'd have to do is reinstall it every 180 days. And that would never do for Microsoft :)

monkeycarol

monkeycarol

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
True. I was afraid of that. Thanks for the information. I was just hopiig that since it was just a little time ago that it wouldn't have affected anything, oh well. =)