Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Bluescreen when starting Everest ironically!

• Please log in to reply

jambus572

jambus572

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi there guys! Well, it happened, my first bluescreen on my new computer! I think you can see my specs. but if not, I am the lucky owner of

Intel i7 920 @ 3.2 GHz Orthos and Prime Stable
3Gb DDR3 1600 MHz triple channel
Nvidia GTX 280 GPU
Gigabyte X58 UD4P
Windows XP Service Pack 3

So, I downloaded Everest today to monitor some voltages, when the darn thing bluescreened :/ anyway, the computer restarded so quickly I didn't have time to read the STOP error, so I disabled automatic restart and tried Everest again, presuming this is what caused the bluescreen, which, it was. The computer bluescreened again and I wrote down the STOP error code and related filename, should I post that or PM someone it :/ I read in an earlier post you shouldn't post your STOP error or something :) <------- that smiley made me :)

Anyway, help with this would be hugely appreciated guys!

Thanks in advance, James.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Posting a stop error is not a problem.

What we do not want is the CD activation key or a hijack log.

jambus572

jambus572

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
ah ok then! =D the stop error, (quite long) is

STOP : 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xBA668AD8, 0xB4C2B948, 0x00000000)

kerneld.wnt (a file that came with everest, it's in the everest folder) Adress BA668AD8 base at BA668000 Datestamp 42E505E2

Hope you can make sense of all that horse =D Are there any other details I can give you that will help? Cheers for your help so far though :)

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Download, and install WhoCrashed: http://www.resplende...rashedSetup.exe
Open it, click Analyze button.
WhoCrashed will create report.
Copy, and paste it into your next reply.

jambus572

jambus572

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks so much for your help with this guys, I did as you said Broni and this was the report I got

On Fri 2/6/2009 5:15:44 PM your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: kerneld.wnt
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xC0000005, 0xBA668AD8, 0xB4C2B948, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
This file could not be located on your computer, we suggest that you search on it with Google.
Click here to do a Google search on kerneld.wnt

On Fri 2/6/2009 5:06:16 PM your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: kerneld.wnt
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xC0000005, 0xBA66EAD8, 0xB3F90948, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
This file could not be located on your computer, we suggest that you search on it with Google.
Click here to do a Google search on kerneld.wnt

And here is the conclusion.

Conclusion
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is really responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

Not really sure what to make of that, it says it can't find the file kerneld.wnt but it's in the Everest folder...? Not sure if it means I've got a corrupted download? Or something else

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
kerneld.wnt belongs to Everest itself, so the error doesn't explain much, since it was Everest, which crashed.
However, the first parameter (0xC0000005) of the error would indicate some RAM issues.

Run Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool: http://www.geekstogo...ol-t177564.html

bramke

bramke

• Pip
  • 1 posts
windows to go man

i have windows xp 64 bit aswel on my i7 core

runs best for games

but when using everest i get blue screen to

i have gigabyte motherboard to

Edited by bramke, 16 November 2012 - 02:22 PM.