Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Keyboard & Mouse Wont Be Reconized By The Pc

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
The Power company shut off the power the other day and in turn shut off my emachine e-tower 300k PC... When I turned it back on this promt was there - BOIS 3.082- and no other action , except when I hit any key on the keyboard and it began to load Windows XP, but when the desktop finaly loads the keyboard and mouse are compleately unresponsive ... So I created new windows XP 3.5 floppy boot disk's and turned the e-tower back on and the same promt BOIS 3.082 was back but no responce at all from the keyboard or mouse and it seems the 3.5 floppy dive is continuasly running....

How do I reset the whole system???

Any idea's would be greatly appreatiated, Iv'e been on this for day's!!!!

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,490 posts
Either look for a jumper near the battery to clear the BIOS/CMOS, or remove the battery and disconnect the power for at least five minutes. <_<