Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

File Sharing

• Please log in to reply

Musikman212

Musikman212

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
;) I was looking for a way to be able to burn files to CD, directly from a second computer. I have one burner, but the files I want to burn are stored on another computer. The computer with the burner has a small hard drive (4 gig), so there isn't room to store these rather large files. The other computer has a much larger hard drive, but doesn't have a burner.

I was hoping there might be a program available that would allow me to connect these machines, over the internet, so I could run them like one large drive. We connect on a DSL hookup with an ethernet card and all that good stuff.

It's very time consuming constantly sending these files, then deleting them to make room for the next one, only to have to do it all over again.
Thanks Musikman :tazz:

Advertisements

Dæmon

Dæmon

• Pip
  • 5 posts
A simple solution would be to share the files over an IM program, such as MSN or AIM.

There are other methods that are a little more complicated if you don't want to do that, though.

Edited by Dæmon, 07 May 2005 - 08:39 AM.

Musikman212

Musikman212

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
That would be ok, except you can't send directly to the burner that way. I'm looking for a solution to having to constantly swap files, then delete them to make room for more.
Thanks anyway,

Jye

Jye

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Can't you pick up some cheap network cards and use an ethernet to connect both. this be the quickest and easiest method. It will alkso let you use burner to copy from other computer

Musikman212

Musikman212

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
That might work.
Thanks,