Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't watch online videos

• Please log in to reply

colette422

colette422

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hi,

Yesterday I went to watch an online recipe video and it would not play, it said I needed to download Adobe Flashplayer. I already have it. I checked for updates and there are no updates. I checked other websites and I cannot view any video online. I didn't have time to deal with it yesterday, so today I went to adobe to download flashplayer and I keep getting error messages.

The only thing I did this week was to install a Linksys wireless router so I can take my laptop all over the house and then I installed a new wireless HP printer. I was having problems with the printer making noise, scanning not working and various other 'buggy' problems. After troubleshooting, the printer still would not function properly so I unstalled it and will be returning it. The wireless is working fine, but now I have no video.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Colette

HP Pavillion dv9000
Vista Home Premium

Advertisements

colette422

colette422

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
I just solved my own problem. Maybe someone else will find this useful, here's what I did:

Windows Vista installation failure
On some Windows Vista systems Flash Player may be installed, but will not display Flash content. In some cases updating to the latest Flash Player using the included utility can correct the User Account Control settings that cause this problem.

To run the utility, find your installed Flash folder:

Right-click C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil9d.exe
The letter changes with each Flash version, so may be "FlashUtilb.exe" or "FlashUtile.exe"
Select "Run as Administrator"
Follow the steps to complete the Flash Player installation
Restart your computer

It might just be a coinkydink, but I'm guessing the HP printer debackle I've been having this week messed up my flash.

:)