Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Newbe - no more sound

• Please log in to reply

DMM1

DMM1

• Pip
  • 0 posts
I'm not sure where to begin. It was working fine in November. We moved it to another room and as far as I can remember there was still sound, then one day my daughter turned the computer off (with out closing down) and when it started again there was no sound. I spent 2.5 hours on the phone w/Dell who checked all my sound settings and said everything was fine, then opened another user acct & I had sound again. She told me to share my files then delete the old user that didn't work, but as soon as I shared the files I have no sound again and can't fix it this time. Any suggestions?

Is it possible that it was an update that went wrong and by rebooting the computer it messed with the sound?

I am no computer genious so any help would be appreciated. :)

Advertisements

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Hello DMM1

Have you tried system restore ???

or go to start > right click device manager ( select properties )

click on hardware than device manager

is there any yellow marks ( exclaimation mark's ) in the device manager ?

Good luck , hopefully be a good starting point :)

Anthony19