Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I configure Outlook Mail

• Please log in to reply

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Hi,

I have set up my outlook mail only once and that was a few years ago. I just got att u-verse and would like to create a new account or whatever its called. I currently do not use outlook but wish to start using it.

I get to the part where it says enter pop3 server and smtp server and I dont know what that is.

Am I in the right place?

Thanks, I look forward to your reply!

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
There should be directions somewhere on their site for configuring Outlook for POP. The pop and smtp information varies by provider.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
First place I looked Help and Support had a link for how to set up the account with Outlook. LOL I didn't know they would have something like that. Thanks a lot...it's up and working.

One more question,

I once tried doing this for my hotmail account. I think it gave me a message saying I need a paid subscription to hotmail for it work or something like that. Is that true do you know?

Thanks,

Edited by JAR300, 08 February 2009 - 12:10 AM.

Adams28

Adams28

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi Ferrari,

From what I also know hotmail on outlook requires subscription, however some user accounts are still able to get that feature without paying!. Another way around this is using outlook connector, see if that can work for you.

pedxing55

pedxing55

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi Ferrari,

From what I also know hotmail on outlook requires subscription, however some user accounts are still able to get that feature without paying!. Another way around this is using outlook connector, see if that can work for you.

From what I understand, Hotmail enabled POP3 for all users as of February 11th. From what it looks like, Microsoft hasn't made an announcement about it, but it still might be working for some/all users in the US. Here's the article: http://arstechnica.c...e-us-brazil.ars with details on how to configure. Hope it helps--I'd be curious to see if it's correct!