Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cod5 problems - with disk

• Please log in to reply

Techjunkie08

Techjunkie08

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I bought cod5 from wally world i think before christmas, installed it and had no problems. After about a month of playing it in mid january, i got hit with downadup, screwed everything up i rebooted from Cd and reformatted losing all my files, the only reason i did is the virus corrupted my entire file system before that anyway.

Now when i try to re install cod5 i get an error message about 1/3 the way through the installation and its still on IW_00.iwd not found find and verify or something.. i got into my disk, setup, data and i find the file. my disk does have minor scuffs, that i noticed. How can i get around this?

THis is a verified and store bought purchase of COD5. i googled, the program and some one posted on here that they downloaded it, i didnt i do have the insert with my code on the back and what not and the licensed disk, just need to get it going.

hope you can help? i really can't afford to buy another copy of the game?

eric

Advertisements

Techjunkie08

Techjunkie08

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Bump......

seriously nothing?

charge06

charge06

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
try cleaning the disk, that always worked for me

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
make sure the disk is clean and scratch free (as can be). If you can't install from the disk, try copying it your your pc and then install from there.

haileyjonathan

haileyjonathan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Every time i am cleaning in my disk....