Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monthly check & 2 monitors question.

• Please log in to reply

Karl89

Karl89

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
Hello!

I'd like to have someone check my computers to make sure there's no viruses/malwares/icky little things I don't want on it. I just ran a virus check and a spyware check, wiped a few items and apparently it's clean and dandy now. Is there a way to do that on this website?

Also, I have a question regarding my monitors.

I have two monitors you see, my graphic card is a Radeon HD4870 and its driver Catalyst. I was wondering if there's a way to put a different wallpaper on each monitor.

If so, how?

BR,
Karl

Advertisements

Karl89

Karl89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Anyone at all?

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
If you want to check if your PC is clean from malware, visit the Malware Removal forum

As for the other issue, you would probably better off asking about it in the right forum, which would be Hardware, Components and Peripherals

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
For the 2 wallpapers question.

I will do some investigating for you, as I am curious about this as well. Off the top of my head, if this is possible, it would be done with the software/utilites that comes with your video card. You can try playing around with some of the settings. Start >> Control Panel >> If you have it CLICK on YOUR VIDEO CARD ICON. Mine says "Nvidia Options" with a Nvidia Logo and has another one too, that I don't even know if I have ever clicked on it LOL.

I will get back to you if I find out more. I do not believe this can be done in the display settings...already have messed with that a little.

Also, it is not a bad idea to start a topic for this issue, in the appropriate forum mentioned by the Geek U teacher. Someone may know how to do this. If you do so, just say this in this forum "started topic in appropriate forum" Here is the link... then provide the link.

I will search and see if you started another topic also, just in case.

Edited by JAR300, 09 February 2009 - 11:37 PM.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
How To Use 2 different Wallpapers with Dual Monitors: http://forums.extrem...ad.php?t=165504

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Quote: I just ran a virus check and a spyware check, wiped a few items and apparently it's clean and dandy now. Is there a way to do that on this website?

There are many of websites that offer online scans...

It all depends on what AV Prog you are using if you use Avast , no point in doing the online scan from the AV service if you are running there program ( uptodate )

Good luck and happy computing

Anthony19

Editied:

PS: Please do not bump / reply to your topic ( as no-one else stated that i thought i might jump in... )

Edited by Anthony19, 11 February 2009 - 12:25 AM.
removed malware advice

Karl89

Karl89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

How To Use 2 different Wallpapers with Dual Monitors: http://forums.extrem...ad.php?t=165504

I tried this but I don't have a "Web" tab when I click on "Customize desktop"..

I'm using Windows XP 64bit.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Broni,

You took all the fun out of it for me =(. That was great though, I'm glad I know how to do that with out additional software. Thanks!

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

You took all the fun out of it for me

I apologize :)....LOL

There is also UltraMon: http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/
Lot of features. Not free, though.

Karl89

Karl89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
I already have bought Ultramon.

I can't figure out how to put a different wallpaper on each monitor with it though.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Right click on UltraMon icon in systray, click Wallpaper. Create new profile for each monitor.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Guide: http://www.realtimes...multimon/guide/

Karl89

Karl89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Right click on UltraMon icon in systray, click Wallpaper. Create new profile for each monitor.

Holy cow thank you so much!

I can't even believe I never realised I could right-click on the UltraMon icon in systray..

I never even noticed there WAS an icon there! :)

THANKS!!

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
You're most welcome :)