Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Relocating XP to New HD using Partition Magic 8

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 3 posts
First time user for Partition Magic 8 (PM8). I would like to XP from my 32Gig 5400 RPM Drive to my 320Gig 7200 RPM Drive.
To date I have copied my C: drive partition to my F: Drive which created a new partition called G: Changed G: Partition to Active then rebooted PC. XP now gives me a choice of 2 identical operating systems XP and XP2. (not sure which is which?)

Logged of powered off the PC Changed the jumper on G drive to master and discounted all cables from C: Drive and powered on PC. Only one drive was detected in the bios (which is good!) however message appears that OS cannot be found???

I would appreciate some advice or suggestions on how to correct this problem.

Thank you