Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Would like to know if there is a command similar to ssh

• Please log in to reply

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
Hello Everybody!,

I am studying for my associates in Networking Administration :). One of the computer labs run all linux(CentOS) computers. A couple of us are having races to see who can shut each others machine down first :) We simply type into the Terminal : ssh username@10.10.15.whatever the station is. Then we send the command poweroff. I was wondering is there anything similar for the windows os?

Thanks!

P.S We just started on the OSI model....phew! that's a lot of protocols to remember....

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,888 posts
Hello Krusha,

I believe there is a command in similar shape in windows, but I believe that these commands only work for network administrators on a domain. (Not on workgroups)

Regards,
Olrik

P.S. Once you get to know the OSI model, it's a handy tool to do network troubleshooting :) I had -some- trouble with it myself but know it by heart now.

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Topic Starter
  • Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
Ok Thanks!