Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

XP Pointsec recovery

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi my copy of windows wsaupdater.exe is corrupted and window immediately log off on start up. Problem I have is that I have pointsec loaded on my machine. Is there any way I can after logging into pointsec get to a dos prompt without windos starting up - if I can I can fix the porblem I have. Reason I want to do it is I don't want to have to send my laptop back to the company IT guys to fixes as this takes weeks.

If anybody has an idea I would be grateful.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

Though I never had to do this my self, here is a repair windows xp guide found in the Windows XP section of this website. Which is where this post is. I hope this is what you are looking for.

If this isn't what you need, I'm not sure what to do. Let me know!