Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Which Drivers do I need for Windows 7 ( Beta ) & where can I get t

• Please log in to reply

georgetok

georgetok

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Hi,

I have installed Windows 7 Beta ( 32 Bit )

Which Drivers do I need & Where can I find them ?

My Machine Specs are :

Dell Optiplex GX 620 ( Desktop )

Win XP ( PRO )( SP3 )

Intel Pentium D 3.0 GHz Dual core Processor

256 MB ATI Radion X600 Video Card capable of running two monitors

Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller

SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio

NEC DVD+RW ND-3530A

SONY DVD-ROM DDU1615

Please can someone give me a step by step instruction as to how do I install the drivers too ?

Thank You in Advance.

P.S. It also keeps warning not Activated, though I got a key from MS.

Advertisements

charge06

charge06

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
most vista drivers will work in windows7.

for your graphics drivers, i know if you have a nvidia card, you will get it thru windows update.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,668 posts
Not to mention, that windows 7 should have most of the drivers you need. Those that need updating are obtained through windows update.

RickR_WINDOWS-TEAM

RickR_WINDOWS-TEAM

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey georgetok, you should be fine with the drivers included in the Beta; the Windows Development Team did their homework and included as many drivers from Vista as they could, and most hardware works well with Windows 7. However, some missing driver issues might not be with Windows 7, but with the 3rd party vendors not having a driver ready for Windows 7 yet or they are waiting to for the official launch before they update the drivers. But for the most part you should have most of drivers you need in the Beta. If you run into an issue I recommend you visit the support site of the manufacture for the driver you need and download it from there. The procedure for obtaining drivers for Windows 7 is the same as the one for Vista or XP. Let me know if there is a specific Driver issue you encounter and I can see what I can to help.
Rick, Windows Outreach Team