Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WINIGUARD! ooops!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

usafjonny04

usafjonny04

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
i have recently been duped into thinking that this was an amazing program and actually paying for it to relieve myself of the 700+ viruses it said i had. i then downloaded another program that my wife had asked me to download just in case and the results were that the winiguard that i had downloaded ended up being a virus itself... so now down 50 bucks and sitting here with a jacked up computer, while in the desert deployed i might add, i have no idea what to do to get my computer running normal again. i have deleted the winiguard and filed for a refund but my computer is still having problems. my internet only seems to work when i open up skype which i don't understand, and i still don't have an antivirus program on my computer. what should i do????

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hi,

I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

usafjonny04

usafjonny04

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
when i delete all of my antivirus should i delete my windows defender... if so how do i do this???

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Hello usafjonny04

Please get checked by the malware removalist and get the all clear from them befor proceeding further here

i dont know why you need to uninstall windows defender , but i belive you can uninstall from the Add/remove programs located in the control panel ( dont quote me on it though lol )

I recommend you install either zone Alarm ( Firewall ) or Comodo

also i recommend you installing Avast or Avril ( Antivirus scanner )

try and slow the viruses so less work for the removalist

Sorry i can no further assist in malware removal in this forum , sorry for any inconvience

i would be happy to assist you further once you get cleaned up by a trained malware removalist staff , Thank you for your co-operation

Good luck , and happy computing !!

Anthony19

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Duplicate post , sorry for any inconvience caused

Computer lagged and was unsure if the post went through so i clicked the post again

Anthony19

Edited by Anthony19, 10 February 2009 - 02:09 AM.