Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Web Crawler to Download Files

• Please log in to reply

Tyler5690

Tyler5690

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
My university posts speeches and lectures to their website. They are available in a variety of filetypes, including mp3 format. All are freely available to download. However, to download mulitple files means going through the navigation to find each mp3, which means a lot of clicking.

I was wondering if there is a program that I can run that could "crawl" this website and download the mp3 files available.

Thanks for your help!

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You might want to look into Download Managers. Search for Download Crawler. I'm dure you'll find something that fits your requirements. Just be sure to use them legally. :)

Tyler5690

Tyler5690

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Thanks for the response!

I've tried some Google searches, however, there are lots of results. Many seem to be junk/spyware type programs or just simple download managers. If anybody has any specific suggestions in mind, I would appreciate it.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
DownThemAll! 1.1.0 Only one I would recommend.