Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Verizon DSL Email Troubles

• Please log in to reply

mjga

mjga

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Throughout the week I have suffered a number of different problems with sending and receiving emails via Outlook through Verizon DSL with a verizon.net email address. At times it does not work at all, at times people cannot respond to my e-mails (they get a note that I don't exist on the system). Any thoughts? Verizon continues to do their best to blame others

Advertisements

John_Doe

John_Doe

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
If your pop3 and smtp protocols are correct ,then its your ISP, or their mail server...you need to fire Verizon

mkadin

mkadin

• Pip
  • 5 posts
You may want to check your settings in OE. Check that the incoming and outgoing server information is correct.
POP3 = incoming.verizon.net
SMTP = outgoing.verizon.net

Also ensure that your username and password are correcrt, if you are unsure you can check this by going to verizon's web site " http://dslstart.verizon.net ", if you can login then your username and password is fine. You might also try to send an email from the Verizon site. If every thing work from the verizon site then it is not an issue with the verizon servers. Good Luck with this and let me know what happens.
:tazz: