Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I get an error when trying to run Systemrestorepoint.exe

• Please log in to reply

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,888 posts
For future reference,

Paint can be opened by opening Start, selecting Run... and typing mspaint

Try fushing the DNS.
  • Go to Start and open Run.
  • In the Box, type in cmd
  • A black box will appear. Type in: ipconfig /flushdns
  • This should clean your DNS cache.

Regards,
Olrik

Advertisements

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Artellos,

I have flushed the dns.

typing mspaint in the run box, it says that it can't find paint. I must have deleted it a long time ago thinking that we didn't need it. I am almost positive that's what I did. I have the windows xp cd, isn't there a way to get paint back using that?

I did that once for the games like solitaire, minesweeper, etc once.

I have noticed the last couple of days, that the error I have been receiving doesn't happen as often, but it still occurs frequently enough to bother my parents and I. Take a look at this topic I have going also. The 2 topics seem to be becoming one or might be related. Maybe that will help you some.

Now, should I just wait to see if flushing the dns solves the error problem? Like I said, it happens less lately, but still happens.

Thanks,

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,888 posts
The following should fix your paint problem:
Please input your Windows XP CD.
  • Go to Start and open Run.
  • In the Box, type in sfc /scannow
  • It will now do a scan, let this run for a while. It will replace any faulty files.

Now, should I just wait to see if flushing the dns solves the error problem? Like I said, it happens less lately, but still happens.

Correct

Regards,
Olrik

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
I did that "run" but it didn't work, however, I clicked "Install Optional Windows Compenents on the main page of the Windows XP Install screen and was able to find paint under "accessories" and installed it again. Thanks,

I have taken a picture of a webpage with the error, but how do i get it under 100K? It won't upload.

Sorry,

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,888 posts
Just upload it to something like ImageShack

Regards,
Olrik

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Artellos,

I had an idea. I just uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled it. So far, I haven't gotten that error and I have tried going to the same sites that the error would always pop up on. I have tried several other sites, still no error.

I guess I took the easy way out, but at least it has stopped. It was very annoying and I hate using internet explorer.

Thanks for all your help and I'm sure we will talk again,

Keep up the good work!

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,888 posts

I guess I took the easy way out, but at least it has stopped. It was very annoying and I hate using internet explorer.

I wouldn't call it the 'easy' way out :)
A good thought / action, keep up the good work yourself too :)

Regards,
Olrik