Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Service Pack 2 problems

• Please log in to reply

jen_a

jen_a

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just installed SP 2 to my laptop so I could install itunes. Now I am having a multitude of problems that I have no idea how to fix as I don't really know much about computers :) .

Anyway some of the problems I have had so far are:

1. I cannot see the taskbar or start button. I have tried pressing ctrl+esc, but this didn't help.

2. My window installer will not work. I keep seeing this error message "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running windows in safe mode or if the windws installer is not properly installed"

3. My photos are still on my lap top, I just cannot see them with the preveiw screen ( not sure if that is the name for it), however they do show up in the slide show.

4. I cannot do a system restore, I get the message "system restore is unable to protect your computer" and I am told t restart my computer. When I restart I get the same message.

I am completley frustrated at this point. I have tried to uninstall SP2 using the control panel, but I get another error message "The system cannot find the specified file". My computer was working pretty good until I did the install of SP 2. Ideally I would like to either remove SP 2, or leave it and have these problems fixed.

I really appreciate any help anyone may offer, please keep in mind I am limited to my computer knowledge.

Advertisements