Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Removing Auroa from your system

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ronsapp

ronsapp

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Auroa is not a spyware or malware. It is a installed program that keeps flooding you with popup advertising.
Normall if you went to a site and did a free scan of your computer for some reason and didn't read the conditions auroa was installed along with you getting a free scan. (no free lunch).

Most programs have easter eggs(hidden notes) that can be accessed within them.
try putting the cursor any where along the top right border and clicking the right mouse button.

I have an un installer that will remove auroa from your system. You must be on line for it to work as it used the internet site to remove itself.

Send me email address and I will forward it to you. Since files with an exe extension cannot be uploaded here.

Regards, Ron Sapp

email address edited out by Metalllica

Edited by Metallica, 07 May 2005 - 10:55 AM.

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Hello! While we appreciate the fact that you want to help out, we do not allow non-Staff Members to post help on the boards. There are too many things that could go wrong, and too many Malwares that can make themselves look "legitimate". Many times, there are special tools and fixes that need to be used, and our Staff Members are trained to recognize and clean these infections.

If you are interested in training to become a Staff Member, please post Here

Thank you for your cooperation!

Kat
GeeksToGo Administrator