Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Everything stopped

• Please log in to reply

nightstersblast

nightstersblast

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a dell inspirion 1525laptop, and this morning everything went....weird.

The desktop icons won't work after the first 2 or 3 minutes of startup. You have to reboot the whole system to open a window.

Also, after 2 or 3 minutes the bottom taskbar stops working. You can't change windows, the clock stops, and the info windows don't pop up when icons are highlighted.

The area on the mousepad that is supposed to control scrolling doesn't work (you have to use the arrow keys to scroll pages) and the pad itself won't let you click on something (you have to use the manual buttons underneath).

The pad itself isn't a huge problem, but I would like the desktop and the taskbar to work right!

I just did and AVG scan at 10:00 last night, and everything was clear. The computer was turned off after that. Everything started about 8 or 8:30 this morning.

I just tried CTRL+ALT+DELETE, and if you cancel out of that screen or open the task manager, everything goes black and you have to start over.

I have rebooted about 5 times since this first started.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

-Nightstersblast

Edited by nightstersblast, 10 February 2009 - 11:55 AM.

Advertisements