Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No User Profile will open

• Please log in to reply

Orlando_IT

Orlando_IT

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey all, really weird issue here and it may even be a Malware or virus issue. User gave me his Dell to look at. He is on Windows XP Home edition and it boots up just fine to the log on screen. But no user account, even administrator, will open from the logon screen. Even in Safe mode. I get the user Icons and all, but when you select any of them, it goes to loading setting, then immediately goes to saving setting and drops you back to the logon screen with all the user accounts again. I am going to see about backing up data via usb adapter and try a Windows Repair on it, but am curious if anyone has ever seen this? I haven't and been repairing PC's for over 25 years. Of course, do we ever see it all? lol

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello,
When you say " a user gave you" and that you have been repairing computers for 25 years, are you doing this from your business or place of employment?
If this is a hobby for you we are happy to help, (even if you are making a couple of dollars), but if this is your business or employment it would be against our terms of use to help.
Your question is an issue that has been dealt with before, if you type "missing user account" in the search pane you should find the solution.

http://www.geekstogo...;sa=Search#1138

Edited by hfcg, 11 February 2009 - 05:02 PM.