Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

umm can you pls help about the text in my computer?

• Please log in to reply

geohound

geohound

• Pip
  • 1 posts
just now I uninstalled my left 4 dead game(PC) and suddenly some errors appeared. in the box it says something about the text/font style from the game(i think) that can't be deleted but IF YOU SELECT IGNORE THEY'LL GONNA DELETE IT. I selected ignored because I badly want to delete the game, it appeared 3 times asking some different font styles to be ignored also, then after that the text in my windows and all in the menu boxes of my softwares became "bold"ed, here are the other problems:

1.)in the notepad the title is bold then when I type something its italicized.
2.)all of my text became "bold".

i don't know what to do, I was thinking I have deleted something I shouldn't, can anyone help me? if the explanation is hard to understand I'm willing to clarify it for you just to get it fixed.thanks..

Advertisements

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Hello geohound

Welcome to GeeksToGo !

Are you running Firefox ???

Are you having the same problem in IE? , If it is effecting both of browsers a likely cause is a corrupt/missing font, typically the arial font

Windows supports TrueType fonts or fonts that are specially designed for Windows, and these fonts are available commercially. Some programs also include special fonts that are installed as part of the program installation. Additionally, printers frequently come with TrueType or special Windows fonts. Follow the directions that come with these products to install these fonts.

If you Can dig up your Windows XP disk...
Try this...

To manually install or re-install a font:
* Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
* Double-click the Fonts folder.
* On the File menu, click Install New Font.
* In the Drives box, click the drive that has the floppy or CD-ROM that contains the fonts you want to add. If you are installing fonts from a floppy disk, this is typically drive A or drive B. If you are installing the fonts from a compact disc, your CD-ROM drive is typically drive D.
* Double-click the folder that contains the fonts.
* Click the font you want to add. To select more than one font at a time, press and hold down the Ctrl key while you click each font.
* Click to select the Copy Fonts To Fonts Folder check box. The Windows\Fonts folder is where the fonts that are included with Windows XP are stored.
* Click OK

Hope all goes well for you

Good luck!!

Anthony19

Edited by Anthony19, 11 February 2009 - 05:41 AM.