Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SB Audigy 2Zs

• Please log in to reply

Chrash

Chrash

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Good morning to everyone,

Well I went and installed a new hard drive and proceeded to reload all my programs and operating software. After 3 days of agonizing loading and updating, I have finally finished.

I have only come across 1 problem that I cannot find a solution to. It involves surround sound for my speaker system. I am running Dell 5.1 surround sound speakers off of an SB Audigy 2Zs {C880} sound card. All the original drivers were installed and updated. I am running Windows XP 32 bit. My front center speaker works, and my 2 rear speakers work, as well as the subwoofer. But, my left and right front speakers are not. There is static coming from them (the kind you get when something is on, but no sounds coming out), but nothing else. I went to Creative Labs and downloaded 3 critical (or so they said) updates for them, and lo and behold the speakers came on momentarily. Of course, the restart computer bit after updating came up, so I restarted. After that, nothing worked. Rolled back drivers and still nothing. Uninstalled all sound and reloaded from install disk and now I'm back to the beginning. Sound from all but the left and right front.

All connections are correct, as well as the settings in my sound panel.

I am once again stuck, and searching the internet for answers hasn't come up with much.

Is there a download from somewhere besides Dell, or Creative that might work? I tried microsoft, but no help there.

Thank you in advance for any advice or support I can get.

Advertisements