Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win32/Heur [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Lets make sure it did kill it

Please download the OTMoveIt3 by OldTimer.
  • Save it to your desktop.
  • Please double-click OTMoveIt3.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
  • Copy the lines in the codebox below to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose Copy):

:Files
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\zvdpugqn.sys

:Commands
    [purity]
    [emptytemp]
  • Return to OTMoveIt3, right click in the "Paste Instructions for Items to be Moved" window (under the yellow bar) and choose Paste.
  • Click the red Moveit! button.
  • Copy everything in the Results window (under the green bar) to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose copy), and paste it in your next reply.
  • Close OTMoveIt3
Note: If a file or folder cannot be moved immediately you may be asked to reboot the machine to finish the move process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes. In this case, after the reboot, open Notepad (Start->All Programs->Accessories->Notepad), click File->Open, in the File Name box enter *.log and press the Enter key, navigate to the C:\_OTMoveIt\MovedFiles folder, and open the newest .log file present, and copy/paste the contents of that document back here in your next post.

What programme rewuires the OCX to run ? so I can narrow it down

Advertisements

BigDod

BigDod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

========== FILES ==========
File/Folder C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\zvdpugqn.sys not found.
========== COMMANDS ==========
User's Temp folder emptied.
User's Temporary Internet Files folder emptied.
User's Internet Explorer cache folder emptied.
Local Service Temp folder emptied.
File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
Local Service Temporary Internet Files folder emptied.
File delete failed. C:\WINDOWS\temp\Perflib_Perfdata_298.dat scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
Windows Temp folder emptied.
Java cache emptied.
Temp folders emptied.

OTMoveIt3 by OldTimer - Version 1.0.8.0 log created on 02142009_145750

Files moved on Reboot...
File move failed. C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat scheduled to be moved on reboot.
File C:\WINDOWS\temp\Perflib_Perfdata_298.dat not found!

The program is called Autowork by a firm called mamsoftware

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
I can no longer find the dependencies walker at the moment - but I will. Meanwhile there is a standalone OCX register programme that should work or at least tell you what dependencies are missing

Download this programme and run
On the first screen select OCX and click install
Then navigate to windows\system32\crystl32.ocx
Right click the file and select register OCX
Reboot and try again

Apart from that how is your computer running now

BigDod

BigDod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
When I tried that program it just says "The specified module could not be found". Apart from not being able to load the program that I need the computer appears to be running fine.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
It looks like that programme will need to be reloaded as one of the dependency files is missing and unfortunately that does not tell us which one it is. Before you reload the programme back up its data as a fail safe although it should just overwrite the neccessary files

You can rerun the OCX programme now and select uninstall and then delete from your desktop that will remove the right click option (unless you want to keep it )

What I will do now is remove my tools and secure you but I will continue on with this problem until it gets resolved :)

Now the best part of the day ----- Your log now appears clean :)

A good workman always cleans up after himself so...Download and run this small programme and hit the cleanup button. It will remove all the programmes we have used plus itself. MBAM can be uninstalled via control panel add/remove along with ERUNT. But they may be useful tools to keep

We will now confirm that your hidden files are set to that, as some of the tools I use will change that
  • Click Start.
  • Open My Computer.
  • Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
  • Select the View Tab.
  • Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Do not show hidden files and folders.
  • Click Yes to confirm.
  • Click OK.

Please download JavaRa to your desktop and unzip it to its own folder
  • Run JavaRa.exe, pick the language of your choice and click Select. Then click Remove Older Versions.
  • Accept any prompts.
  • Open JavaRa.exe again and select Search For Updates.
  • Select Update Using Sun Java's Website then click Search and click on the Open Webpage button. Download and install the latest Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version for your computer.

XP
Now to get you off to a good start we will clean your restore points so that all the bad stuff is gone for good. Then if you need to restore at some stage you will be clean. There are several ways to reset your restore points, but this is my method:
  • Select Start > All Programs > Accessories > System tools > System Restore.
  • On the dialogue box that appears select Create a Restore Point
  • Click NEXT
  • Enter a name e.g. Clean
  • Click CREATE
You now have a clean restore point, to get rid of the bad ones:
  • Select Start > All Programs > Accessories > System tools > Disk Cleanup.
  • In the Drop down box that appears select your main drive e.g. C
  • Click OK
  • The System will do some calculation and the display a dialogue box with TABS
  • Select the More Options Tab.
  • At the bottom will be a system restore box with a CLEANUP button click this
  • Accept the Warning and select OK again, the program will close and you are done

Now that you are clean, to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free programmes: It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system and to keep them updated.

To keep your operating system up to date visit

To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read our little guide How did I get infected in the first place ?
Keep safe :)

BigDod

BigDod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Many thanks for all the help and the time you put into this. :)
One final question if I may be so bold.
Do you know of any program I can run on my memory sticks to ensure they are clean before I attach them to any other systems.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Ask and you shall receive :) This programme will put a hidden file on all flash drives that you treat so that no virus can auto run when you insert it
I would also recommend that you scan the USB before doing anything with the files on there

• 1 - Flash Drive Disinfector
    Download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs from >here< and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
  • The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
  • Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
  • Reboot your computer when done.
Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection.

BigDod

BigDod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
HTTP 404 Not Found.

Tried it on two different computer, I will try again later.
Thanks again for all your time.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Spooky just happened to me as well I will post another link in a minute

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
It is only hosted on one site and that sub site appears to be down

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
OK got a working link Here

BigDod

BigDod

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Many thanks, you can now mark this as a solved thread. :)

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.