Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Start menu customizer

• Please log in to reply

Oblivionon360

Oblivionon360

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
So, Does anyone know of an Application that will allow me to customize the colors of the start menu in XP. I really am getting tired of the blue start and task menu.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Question about 'Customize the Start Menu Button
Windows XP Customize Interface and Usability Tips, Tricks and Tweaks
How to hack / change your start button in Windows XP Professional
Maybe one of those will help.

Oblivionon360

Oblivionon360

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
unfortunately, no they did not I'm looking more for color customization in the entire task bar not just the start menu. I figured there would at least besomething out to change the colors.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Well, you didn't say task bar, but the Start Menu colors.

Windows tweaker
How to change color of task bar in Pro using XP custom

Possibly change whole XP theme like this?: Royale Theme for WinXP - Official description

Possibly TweakUI?

Oblivionon360

Oblivionon360

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
well nothing has allowed me to customize the colors as of yet the royale theme did change the color from deep blue to light blue. but id still enjoy Red or dark purple

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
There are plenty of themes out there to choose from. I really thought TweakUI would help.

Oblivionon360

Oblivionon360

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
alright now i have a problem that i dont know if youll be able to help with. I went to customize.org and downloaded this UXTheme Multi-Patcher. I know thats my first mistake. Now after i did all steps here http://customize.org...e_Multi_Patcher I went to use some of the provided themes. I guess because i have my desktop theme in classic windows when i made this change it didnt take effect properly. so i went back to the installation page and realized at the bottom it state windows sp 2&3 dont work with this so I also realized that it states to undo the changes to the patch just to run the program again. So i thought alright ill do that and of course did it and well i thought it changed the file back, but now i cant select the XP theme. It's stuck in classic mode there are no options in the appearance section that have xp in it so is there a way to fix this?

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
The only way I would do it is to go back to a previous Restore Point which I hope you made before installing anything.

Oblivionon360

Oblivionon360

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
Thanks Major Payne but i was able to get this fixed.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
That is indeed good news.