Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

POS system, keeps rebooting nonestop!

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I have problem at my store.
I have two station POS sytem that runs "RMPOS-restaurant manager", it was working just fine and 2 days ago it started reboot by itself. This is the master computer. The error message was so quick and blue screen and it restarts all over again. Tonight, it just keeps rebooting nonstop!!!
I turned off the computer and somehow stop the automatic rebooting.
Now I can see that blue screen,
and windows is rebooting the computer to stop any damages...

I would love to copy the whole thing but don't know how. But whenever I get back on-if I turn it off 10mins and turn it back on, that does the trick-, I need to run 4 program manually to run that POS.
1. security.exe - donno what it is..
2.rmtime.exe - donno what it is..
3.mspool.exe - printer control
4.rmpos.exe - actual software that I use

but it could be 5min or 30 min, sooner or later it start rebooting nonstop again.-without any warning or sign... it just shows that blue screen with error message and reboot...again and again..
I did not install any device on this cmputer. I thougt it might be power shortage - cause it kept coming back on and was okay for long time..
Is there anything you can help me with?
Since this computer is at my store, I only have accesss online at the computer at home... please let me know something that I can download it to my cdrom and go back and forth.

Thanks in advance!!!

Edited by kmshome0208, 11 February 2009 - 10:12 PM.