Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can Not connect to the internet to get help

• Please log in to reply

sherilyn

sherilyn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
I'm contacting you from my laptop. The problem is with my Dell desktop at home running windows xp. I have mcafee virus protection. Two days ago I was not able to connect to the internet. I am not able to run a mcafee scan. A box pops up that simply says error. I tried to run it from safe mode with no luck. My control panel is no longer in my start up window although it is still on my desktop as a shortcut. In administrator, start to all programs to accessories to access system restore....accessories is gone. It is still in my personal log on account so I did a system restore back to January 30th. It would not go back any further than that. I have spysweeper and ran that but nothing showed up. I did discover I still have hijack this from when I had problems a year or two ago. I can not connect to the internet to give any logs. Is there any type of solution to this problem? Thank you very much for your time! Sherilyn

Advertisements