Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Not able to recognize extra internal Hdd

• Please log in to reply

ajaustin12

ajaustin12

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I recently swapped out my EXCELSTOR Jupiter Series ESJ8160S 160GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s for a seagate.

I wiped the excelstor clean with killdisk and now I want to use the excelstor to store stuff on it. My current computer will not recognize the excelstor. I burned EStest image from this site.

When I would boot up with only the excelstor it said not bootable drive. Even with the cd-r of the EStest image burned on it.

When I go to my computer i do not see the excelstor hdd.

When I got to device manager i do see the excelstor hdd and it says it is functioning properly.

Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks

Edited by ajaustin12, 12 February 2009 - 07:52 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Disk Management -> if not prompted, right-click on the uninitialised drive -> Initialise -> Right-click on the empty size -> Format.

ajaustin12

ajaustin12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
What type of partition should I use?

Extended or primary?

The only function I want the excelstor hdd is to store data on.