Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win.32.Zafi.B Infection

• Please log in to reply

Nutting

Nutting

• Pip
  • 1 posts
You've probably had other problems like this (Don't Know.) But I was referred to you by a friend of mine.
Win.32.Zafi.B is apparently a Keystroking Spyware thing, my Windows Firewall appears every now and again with the warning, and then a Site pops up with a Firewall Download thing... Which I refuse to Download.
The second time it happened, my Firefox crashed everytime I tried to pull it up. IE as well.
I managed to get on XFire and get AVG, an Anti-Virus program that my friend sent me in a self-extraction file. I ran a scan... it found a few viruses, and removed them from my computer, but not Win32.
However, the Anti-Virus program has let me get my Internet back! So, here I am. Getting extremely annoyed by this Worm.
Is there any possibility of aid?

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.