Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

setting up my external hard drive as my default browser for downloads

• Please log in to reply

brady1988

brady1988

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Hey there guys its me again having a weird problem about my external hard drive okay so this is what happened i was downloading a game of 1gbyte so what i did was go to my firefox tools and then go to options once there i changed my browse to my external hard drive (F) for my downloads and then i started to download the game so then when i finished downloading the whole game and i made sure the game was in my hard drive y decide to disconnect my external hard drive from my laptop so 10 minutes later when i just connected it again and i wanted to open my game i realized that it is gone i dont know how but it happened somehow so thought about it and i said alright im gonna test what i did before downloading something small and saving it into my external hard drive so thats what i did i downloaded a replay for my game warcraft III PG and a saved the replay into my external hard drive and guess what happened when i disconnected and i connected it again ? its gone again my replay its gone as same as happened to the game i downloaded here some pictures :

Posted Image

u see that little blue line pointing to the replay of my game that replay was gone after i connected my external hard drive again.

Posted Image
and here is how i changed my browser to my external hard drive

i think i shouldnt change the browser to my external hard drive im gonna try to change it back again and take the replay that i downloaded and put
it into my external hard drive and then see what happens when i disconnect and connect it again.
But in the meantime can u tell me if i can modify my external hard drive or something so i can downloading whatever i want and never have to worry about the missing of my files.
THank u guys have a great weekend. :)

Edited by brady1988, 13 February 2009 - 06:29 PM.

Advertisements

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
wow i tried by changing my browser and then what i just downloaded put into my external hard drive and then unplugging the usb from my laptop then when i connected back again its gone so i tried the other way putting the replay into one of my folders then i unplugged the usb and i connected back and its gone too do u think there is a virus that is making this happen or what is it ? please help me. days ago was working fine i dont know what happened now.

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
can anyone help me ? pls