Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Taskbar cluttered with folder icons.

• Please log in to reply

ScottAz

ScottAz

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
Windows 2000 Dell Precision 450 1 gig ram Explorer 6.02

My mother in law somehow has placed tons of her "my documents" folders on her taskbar. I need to remove them somehow.

Any help in explaining this process of removal would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Attached Files

Advertisements

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Do you see the line on the left, right next to the edge of the "My Documents?" If you click and drag on that, you should be able to drag it up to the desktop. If it does, you should then be able to close it. At least, that's the way it works in XP...

ScottAz

ScottAz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
JT1990:

Thanks very much. I have closed the "My Documents" folder but an extra line where the icons were remains and then on the right side you see a cluster of icons that should be across the bottom of the task bar I think?

Any suggestions on how to get those where they belong or to delete the task bar that is active and start anew?

Thanks very much,

Scott

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Hello ScottAz

Right click on the tool bar , ensure that the line "Lock the Taskbar " is not ticked

Right click on tool bar , mouse-over the " toolbars " Unselect "My documents "

If you are left with a big grey tool bar... You should be able to left click ( and hold down the mouse ) on the top section on the tool bar and drag the tool bar down

Best of luck !!!
&
Happy gaming!!!
Anthony19

Edited by Anthony19, 13 February 2009 - 09:21 PM.