Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer won't boot up correctly

• Please log in to reply

STG574

STG574

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My computer was acting a little fishy...so i decided it might be best to just reinstall windows...So i restarted and tried to boot from my disk..the cd drive would start to spin the disk...Next It would say boot from disk, pause for a few seconds and then say 1. HD system type-(00)..then it would just stop with a blinking cursor at the bottom...After trying this a few times i decided to try to load it through safe mode and install windows overtop of the old version in a partition then clear the old stuff out later...i got through the initial stages until the restart then the same problem occured. I thought maybe there was a problem in BIOS...something life it wasnt reading my hard drive or cd drive on bootup...i fooled around a little to no avail...next i tried resetting bios settings to both fail safe and optimal settings, again this did nothing to help...im a little lost as to what the next step is or for that matter what the problem is...thanks for any suggestions...btw i know the copy of windows works, as i have used it before and it is a genuine copy...but for that matter i have tried another copy and the same problem happens

I have tried hitting any number of diffrent buttons, but nothing does anything...If i try to go back into windows now it just loads my background and stops...it doesnt freeze because i can get my task manager to come up, but thats it....

Advertisements